Government public health guidelines, 5 October 2020October 6, 2020
On 5 October the Government announced new public health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 under the ‘Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19’
Fáilte Ireland is in the process of updating the relevant operational guidelines which will be available on the COVID-19 Support Hub.
The measures announced by the Government on 5 October are as follows:
- All counties in Ireland have been placed at Level 3 effective from midnight on 6 October for three weeks;
- Dublin and Donegal, which were placed at Level 3 on 18 September and 25 September respectively, remain at Level 3 for three weeks.
The key measures under Level 3 are as follows:
- Museums, galleries and other cultural attractions will be closed.
- Outdoor activity for up to 15 people can take place once all precautionary measures and Government public health advice are adhered to
- No organised indoor gatherings should take place (e.g. business training events, conferences, events in theatres, cinemas and other arts events).
- Up to 25 people can attend a wedding ceremony and reception.
- No indoor dining is allowed in bars, cafes and restaurants (including hotel restaurants and bars for non-residents)
- Restaurants and cafes (including bars or pubs serving food or wet pubs) may remain open for take-away and delivery and outdoor dining or service to an absolute maximum of 15 people.
- In an indoor setting hotel restaurants and bars serving food will be permitted to cater for residents only
- Wet pubs in Dublin are to remain closed.