Guidelines for re-opening publishedJune 9, 2020
As tourism businesses begin to re-open their doors, how you open in a way that is safe and effective will differ depending on the sector you operate in – with specific advice for hotels, self catering businesses, B&Bs, caravan and camping businesses, activity providers, attractions and restaurants, amongst others.
Fáilte Ireland, in collaboration with industry groups, has created a series of guidelines for re-opening tailored to the various sectors of the Irish tourism industry. The guidelines are designed to support business owners and management in every step as they tackle the challenges specific to their industry.
We have worked closely with key industry groups to develop these detailed operational guidelines that will equip tourism and hospitality businesses with the necessary information and advice to enable them to re-open safely.
These sector-specific guidelines offer detailed advice on the systems that should be implemented to help instil public confidence and reboot business while adhering to public health advice and Government protocols.
The guidelines provide comprehensive advice on re-opening for business owners, with an emphasis placed on the safety and wellbeing of employers, employees and customers.
The guidelines will be regularly updated in line with Government public health advice as and when this advice evolves. This includes any further guidance that is given following work by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre & National Public Health Emergency Team on the application of the existing social distancing requirements in specific, defined and controlled environments in the hospitality industry during periods of low incidence of the disease.
Download the guidelines for re-opening for your sector:
- Download an overview of guidelines for re-opening for all sectors [pdf, 5mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening pubs [pdf, 4.3mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening hotels and guesthouses [pdf, 8.7mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening B&Bs and historic houses [pdf, 5.6mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening self catering [pdf, 5.6mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening restaurants and cafes [pdf, 4.8mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening caravan and camping parks [pdf, 5.4mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening visitor attractions [pdf, 5.7mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening activity providers [pdf, 6.1mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening hostels [pdf, 1.1mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening tourism transport [pdf 0.9mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening spas [pdf 1.0mb]
Please note, as these guidelines are working documents, you may need to clear your cache to view the latest version.