Government public health guidelines, 18 August 2020August 21, 2020
On 18 August, the Government announced new public health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Fáilte Ireland is in the process of updating the relevant guidelines which will be available on www.failteireland.ie.
The key measures are as follows:
Businesses serving food
- Must ensure that all customers leave the property by 11.30pm. Draft Regulations state that the building is cleared of all public by 11.30pm. This does not include staff members who will carry out closing procedures
- Face coverings must be worn by staff in customer facing roles where no other protective measures are in place e.g. protective screens and where physical distancing of 2 metres is not possible. They must also be worn by customers when arriving to and leaving their table
- Hand sanitiser to be placed on all tables
- Businesses should keep contact details of the lead at a table or a solo customer to help with contact tracing should a customer be confirmed as having COVID-19
- There should be a maximum of six people from no more than 3 households allowed at a table
- No formal or informal events or parties should be organised on the premises.
- Gatherings are restricted to maximum of 6 people indoors and 15 people outdoors.
- Weddings of up to a max of 50 people including staff are exempt.
Attractions and Activities
- Tourism attractions and activities can continue to operate where appropriate physical distancing and all other protective measures can continue to be maintained.
- Individual groupings attending these venues must be limited to six people from no more than 3 households.