Webinar: Managing HR employment and payments during COVID-19 (45:10)
Managing HR employment and payments during COVID-19
What can you do right now to manage the current HR risks you’re facing? The industry has been in touch to ask us a range of questions relating to HR, communicating with their employees and managing payments during the COVID-19 crisis.
We’ve published a new webinar with HR expert Caroline Mc Enery to provide answers to the HR issues that are emerging across our industry, including the Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme.
Do you have questions or concerns about the Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme and how it applies to your business?
- Find out how the scheme can enable you to retain your valued staff on payroll and protect their skills in your employment.
- Find out more about how staff in receipt of the scheme are available for you to work at short notice when your business is ready to get back up and reopened.
- Did you know that while you have your staff on the Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme, they can be fully available for online training to upskill and ensure their skills remain current ahead of returning to work? This will be invaluable in keeping in touch with customers and developing a marketing and sales plan.
- As some businesses consider reopening to provide takeaway, how well does your COVID-19 policy cater for staff health and safety, absence management, social distancing and remote working?
- Do you have a plan in place to communicate regularly your COVID-19 policy with staff who remain on your payroll or are on temporary layoff?
- Have you started to consider workforce planning for when your business reopens?
- Do you understand the various staff payment support schemes available to you and how you would consider staff for these?
Topics & timings
00.00 – Introduction & meet the experts
03:40 – Key topics covered in the webinar
04:42 – Recap on topics covered in expert videos
04:56 – Policies & practices for COVID-19
10:10 – Staffing options for employers – short-time/lay-off/redundancy
16:01 – Payment options & supports
16:12 – Short-term work support
17:05 – COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
18:51 – Wage Subsidy Scheme
24:51 – Illness Benefit for COVID-19 absences
26:07 – Remote working considerations
29:32 – Summary & next steps – what you should do now
30:28 – Q & A – live questions from webinar attendees
42:57 – Wrap-up & links to further supports